Need a Heat Pump Repair?
Choose the Experts at Badger Bob's Services
How can we help you today?
I need to...
Heat Pump Repairs
By Sarasota's Top HVAC Specialist
Badger Bob's Services answers every repair call with a licensed, trained, and uniformed HVAC professional who is prepared for the job at hand. There's no guesswork involved. We take advantage of smart technology, industry-leading tools and a full inventory of quality replacement parts to accurately diagnose and quickly resolve any challenge.
With punctual arrival, organized job sites, and strict standards of workmanship, we simplify the process and provide sustainable results for our customers throughout Sarasota, Bayshore Gardens, Bradenton, Palmetto, Whitfield, North Sarasota, Desoto Lakes, Kensington Park, Fruitville & Sarasota Springs, FL. Service … It's Who We Are.
All heat pump repairs come with a 1-year guarantee and our 100% satisfaction guarantee
Heat pumps • Air handlers • Air conditioners • Furnaces • Thermostats • Zoning • Packaged systems • Single & multi-zone ductless • Indoor air quality • Ventilation & Smart home
- Diagnosing the problem: $89
- Average repair price: Starting at $145 (15% Off with Service Agreement)
- Average time to complete: 30 min - 3 hrs
View our up-to-date schedule and request an appointment online by clicking the button below..
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE
It Only Takes A Second To
SAVE MONEY WITH
COMFORT AS A SERVICE
With our Comfort as a Service program, you'll get the full benefits of a new, high-efficiency heating and cooling system without worrying about costly repairs, maintenance, financing charges, or unexpected out-of-pocket expenses. Pay only a single, low monthly fee without any hidden charges or upfront costs.
Learn more about Comfort as a Service.
AVOID FUTURE REPAIRS WITH OUR
With Badger Bob's Services, you can experience fewer ductless AC repairs, enhanced air quality, and optimal comfort while adhering to the manufacturer's warranty requirements. We offer flexible scheduling, timely arrival, and efficient turnaround times, ensuring that our maintenance service is both convenient and cost-effective for all air conditioner makes and models.
Heat Pump Fixes
Try these simple fixes before calling a pro.
Is your heat pump blowing cool air?
- Inspect the thermostat settings. Ensure that it is set to "HEAT" rather than "COOL" as this simple oversight can occur.
- Replace the air filter if needed. A clogged filter can obstruct air flow, leading to various heat pump issues. Swap out a dirty filter for a fresh one.
- Clear and clean the exterior unit. For effective home heating, the outdoor unit requires unobstructed air flow. Remove any potential obstructions, such as plants, boxes, or fences. If the coils are dirty, carefully clean them using a garden hose, as they can be easily bent.
- Check for "defrost mode." To avoid freezing in cold conditions, the heat pump may temporarily switch to cooling mode, allowing the outdoor coils to warm. If the outdoor fan isn't running and steam is visible, the unit is in defrost mode and should revert to heating mode shortly.
Is your heat pump not blowing air at all?
- Replace the batteries in your thermostat. A heat pump won't operate if the thermostat batteries have run out.
- Ensure your vents are unobstructed. Check the following:
- A supply vent (the ones that push out warm air) didn't accidentally get closed.
- Your return vents (the ones that pull cold air from your home) aren't obstructed by anything.
- Check your breaker. If your circuit breaker has tripped, switch it back to "ON". If it keeps tripping, you have a bigger issue that a professional will need to fix.
If you tried these tips and your heat pump still isn't working properly, it's time to call a professional.
Signs it's time for a
Heat pump replacement
There are several signs that it may be time to replace a heat pump system, including:
- Age: Heat pumps usually have a lifespan of 10-15 years in Florida, where they see heavy usage. If your heat pump has reached or surpassed this age range, it might be a suitable time to think about replacing it.
- Frequent breakdowns or repairs: If your heat pump requires frequent repairs, it could be a sign that the system is nearing the end of its lifespan and is no longer efficient or reliable.
- Rising energy bills: As a heat pump ages, it can become less efficient, causing your energy bills to increase over time. If you've noticed a steady increase in your energy bills, it could be a sign that your heat pump is no longer operating at peak efficiency.
- Uneven heating or cooling: If you notice that some rooms in your home are significantly colder or warmer than others, it could be a sign that your heat pump is no longer functioning properly.
- Excessive noise: Heat pumps should operate quietly, so if you hear unusual or loud noises coming from your system, it could be a sign that it's time for a replacement.